YouRealty is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. YouRealty provides this policy to make you aware of our practices and of the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used when you access our website and/or sign up to use our proprietary, web-based platform ("YouRealty Platform") which provides you with access to a number of property-related services provided by our selected third party partners.
This policy (together with our Website Terms which can be found yourealty.co/terms-conditions and our General Service Terms which can be found yourealty.co/terms-conditions (and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting yourealty.co, and by accessing and continuing to use the YouRealty Platform, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is YouRealty, TechHub/Campus, 1st floor, 4-5 Bonhill Street, London, England EC2A 4BX.
1. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE PROCESS?
We process the following types of personal data about you when you visit and browse our website and sign up and use the YouRealty Platform:
1. Information you give to us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the YouRealty Platform, search for a product or service, place an order for services via our website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us will depend on whether you are registered to use the YouRealty Platform as a tenant, landlord, buyer, seller, service provider or in some other capacity but may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, and property information.
2. Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our website and your use of the YouRealty Platform we may automatically collect the following information:
1. Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
2. information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
3. Information we receive about you from other parties
4. Information about your location
To let you know about offers and services near to you, we may collect information about your location from your mobile. We will only do this where you have asked us to provide this service and where you confirm for us that you are over 16.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
1. Information you give to us
We will use this information
1. to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and/or our third party partners, and to provide you with the products and services that you request from us;
2. to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
3. to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you, or where you have consented to this. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you no longer want to receive any such electronic communications, please tell the sender and they will stop sending them to you. You can do this by following the instructions that will be contained within the electronic communication. In addition, if you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data. Please note that when you purchase a service from one of our third party service providers they may ask you make similar elections as to how they will be permitted to use your personal data;
4. to notify you about changes to our service;
5. to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
6. for security reasons to confirm that you are who you say you are.
2. Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
1. To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
2. to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
3. to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
4. as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
5. to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
6. to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
3. Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
3. DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means any of our subsidiaries, any of our holding companies and any subsidiaries of any of those holding companies, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.Where you have instructed us to advertise a property or listing on your behalf, or to advertise your profile as a buyer, seller, tenant or landlord we will publish your personal information on our website and via the YouRealty Platform in the manner and form approved by you in advance. We may pass this information on to third parties for similar advertising purposes where you have instructed us to do so.Where you order services via the YouRealty Platform we will pass on your details to that relevant third party partner so that they can provide you with the goods and services that you have requested.Where you choose to respond to a listing or an advertisement we will share your personal information with the relevant person or company who created the listing, or the person for whom the listing was created.In addition, we may share your information with other selected third parties including:
1. Our third party partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
2. Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 100 women aged over 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, men in EC1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
3. Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
4. Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
5. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
6. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms which can be found yourealty.co/terms_conditions or our General Service Terms which can be found yourealty.co/terms-conditions and other agreements entered into between you and us; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of YouRealty, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.In addition, when you register with us, you will be asked whether you will allow us to pass on your details generally to third parties for marketing purposes. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes and we will not do so unless you tick the appropriate box when you register to use our service. You can change your mind at any time after you register by changing your preferences on your user profile or alternatively by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you agree to this, we may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about other goods and services which we think may be of interest to you.
4. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
6. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access information held about you by us. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us via your user account or at email@example.com and we will provide you with further details of what you need to do. Such request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
7. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
This website may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by YouRealty. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites.We encourage you to be aware when you leave our website and to read the privacy statements on the other websites that you visit.
8. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY